Current version – V1.0
Warning : This firmware is for the CM-MIDI2 units and is NOT compatible with the “End-Of-Life” CM-MIDI units. ( goto CM-MIDI firmware page )
- Supports the MIDI-RTP standard.
- USB-Midi class compliant
- No driver required (MAC OSX ), free driver available for Windows.
- Both USB and RTP-Midi interfaces are recognised as standard Midi interfaces by Windows, Mac OS and iOS
- Simple set-up using the Bonjour protocol.
- Supports both peer-to-peer and computer controlled communication
- Compatible with WiFi-MIDI on iOS devices
Please note that this firmware can not be used with the MIDI2TR units!
KissBox CPU versions are related to their boot-loader version and marked accordingly on the serial number label. A boot-loader version being V3.x for example indicates a V3 type CPU. When uploading firmware to a KissBox the Editor firmware wizard will also inform you of the Boot-loader/CPU version of the connected KissBox.
It is important to check that you load the right firmware in the right box. The CM-MIDI should only be loaded with Firmware specifically meant for it. Using a wrong firmware file will lead to erratic behaviour. Accidentally loading an incorrect type of firmware will not physically damage the KissBox, it will however stop functioning. If this has happened, just load the correct firmware for the hardware version you have to render the KissBox operable again.
The new V3.2 bootloader hardware is not compatible with older bootloader V3.0 firmwares. The installation of the wrong firmwares on V3.2 hardware will “brick” the unit. It will have to be returned to the factory for repair.