Current version – V8.0
- Supports the MIDI-RTP standard.
- No driver required (MAC OSX ), free driver available for Windows.
- Simple set-up using the Bonjour protocol.
- Compatible with WiFi-MIDI on iOS devices
- Multi-session with full merging of up to 8 simultaneous clients.
Please note that this firmware can not be used with the CM-MIDI units!
KissBox CPU versions are related to their boot-loader version and marked accordingly on the serial number label. A boot-loader version being V3.x for example indicates a V3 type CPU. When uploading firmware to a KissBox the Editor firmware wizard will also inform you of the Boot-loader/CPU version of the connected KissBox.
It is important to check that you load the right firmware in the right box. The MIDI2TR should only be loaded with Firmware specifically meant for it. Using a wrong firmware file will lead to erratic behaviour. Accidentally loading an incorrect type of firmware will not physically damage the KissBox, it will however stop functioning. If this has happened, just load the correct firmware for the hardware version you have to render the KissBox operable again.